BHS Blueprint

• BLUEPRINT HITS 2 MILLION VIEWS!!!!!

• Blueprint meetings are Wednesdays, in room 148 after school from 2:30 to 3:00.

Democrats Willing to Confirm Gorsuch As Long As He Promises To Die Within 10 Years (Satire)

Neil Gorsuch responds to another question about his cholesterol level

Caleb VanArragon and Andrew Davis

Chuck Schumer, Democratic Minority Leader for the US Senate, announced today that Democrats are willing to confirm Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court as long as he promises to die within ten years.  

At only 49 years of age, Gorsuch is the youngest nominee to the Supreme Court since 1991.  There are no term limits for members of the Supreme Court, meaning that the only way for them to leave the Court is through retirement or death.

Schumer said that the Democrats would focus the rest of the confirmation process on Gorsuch’s medical history, searching for any medical problem that could lead to a speedy death.  “We will be much less likely to confirm Gorsuch if he appears to be in good health, with no signs of kicking the bucket anytime soon.”  

If Gorsuch were to die within ten years of being confirmed, Democrats hope that he could be replaced with a more liberal judge.  Doing so would help tip the balance of power on the Supreme Court towards the Democrats.  As Minnesota Senator Al Franken explained in a press conference, “The faster Gorsuch croaks, the faster we get to find a replacement.”

Franken added that he had heard reports that Gorsuch had high blood pressure and a family history of heart disease, which he took as “extremely encouraging signs.”

He concluded by saying that “We want to make sure that we have the most favorable Supreme Court possible, but the truth is that with Trump as president, we’ll probably all be dead in ten years anyway.”

9 Comments
  • Democrats Willing to Confirm Gorsuch As Long As He Promises To Die Within 10 Years (Satire)

Op-Ed

Santa Forced To Postpone Christmas After Rudolph the Reindeer Tears ACL (Satire)

Satire

Turkeys Revolt Against Brutal Thanksgiving-Day Treatment (Satire)

Satire

Internet Hater Injured by Falling Stalactite [Satire]

Hall of Fame

Trump Attempts To Give Up Twitter For Lent (Satire)

Hall of Fame

How Blaine High School Can Deal With Overcrowding [Satire]

Satire

Student Hopes To Improve Exam Performance After “Totally Choking” First Trimester

Satire

Local Dog Needs To Get A Life [Satire]

Satire

Trump To Be Sworn In On Solid Gold Throne [Satire]

Hall of Fame

Trump Announces Plan to Rewrite Constitution [Satire]

Op-Ed

Local Clown Feels Misunderstood By Blaine Community [Satire]

Hit Counter by latest gadgets
Skip to toolbar
The student news site of Blaine High School.