The student news site of Blaine High School.

BHS Blueprint

BHS Blueprint

BHS Blueprint

Staff Profile
Julia Tomandl
Julia Tomandl
Staff Writer
Polls

What new platform would you like to see for the Blueprint?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Personal Mechanic Just at 8

This is a photo of Jonathan R. Gonzalez at the junkyard looking for car parts.
Avelynn Chang

Imagine this, breaking down on the side of the street, loud cars, a bunch of honking, and nowhere to go. Calling a towing company would be a lot of money, especially if it’s far. 

But also imagine this, broken down on the side, and without any hesitation, someone you know comes running to save you, friendly, fast, and free. 

That’s the case for all the friends and family of one young man, senior Jonathan R. Gonzalez. 

Question(s): How old were you when you got into cars? Who inspired you?

Answer: I used to run a little business where I’d fix other kids’ bikes. I’d have to say that around the age of 8 is when I got into this hobby of mine. The liking for cars came from my brother, Hector. He had always had new cars and always taught me about them. I guess it also just runs in my family too.

Now being 18 years old, Gonzalez still helps others very much. He takes on opportunities that benefit his future, and just makes him enjoy life. Having his friends, family, and etc, go to him to help fix or inspect their car is what makes him happiest in this life. Just at 8 years old Gonzalez has been doing free bike fixings and at 18 he’s still doing free fixings on other cars for free. 

Question: Why do you believe people go to you to help fix or inspect their car?

Answer: People go to me because I don’t like to charge them. I just enjoy the fact I can do what I like and help somebody at the same time, especially the fact that I did it correctly.

Question: Do you think you deserve to be where you are?  

Answer: I believe that some opportunities given to me I deserve, some more than others. I am currently taking STEP and this opportunity was a great one, because of my future.

Question: Is there anyone else besides your brother that inspires you?

Answer: In my free time I enjoy watching shows as well, I enjoy watching the Fast and Furious Franchise, especially 2 Fast 2 Furious. Paul Walker is someone who inspired me by this one movie.

Jonathan Rodriguez Gonzalez, starting at 8 years old, has been helping people for a long time, and he’s longing for a future career in the automotive industry. He has a bright future ahead of him.