Tri 3 Parking Passes

Elizabeth Gunder, Blueprint Staff

The end of the trimester is upon us and that means a couple things. First: finals. Second? It’s time to buy parking passes for the next trimester. The parking passes were just released for sale this week and people are not pleased with the new look.

As seen in the picture above, the parking passes for tri 3 are larger than the previous parking passes used this year. They are longer in shape. Some students are concerned about these larger passes hanging from their mirror while they’re driving. Jose Mills, a junior at BHS, had this to say when he bought his tri 3 pass: “The pass is too big. I’m gonna get in a car crash because of the pass blocking the road.” Gavi Gunther, another junior at Blaine, joked about the size of the passes saying they’re “so large and long I could go to California and surf waves with it.”

Students are not just concerned with the shape, but also with the pattern chosen for the parking passes. The  parking passes for trimester 3 are brightly colored jigsaw puzzle pieces. According to Jose and Gavi, the puzzle piece pattern makes them look like children’s passes. Gavi believes the colors on the passes are “obnoxious and annoying.” Gavi added, “I’m very disturbed that they decided to choose so many colors and bothered how they could miss coloring in parts of the puzzles,” when asked her opinion on the pattern of the passes.

Overall, there have been a couple complaints about the new parking passes for tri 3. Some are concerned about the large size of the passes and others do not like the color and pattern of the passes. What are your thoughts?