BHS Blueprint

• BLUEPRINT HITS 2 MILLION VIEWS!!!!!

• Blueprint meetings are Wednesdays, in room 148 after school from 2:30 to 3:00.

Everything you have ever wanted to know about multicultural club!

You may or may not have known that Blaine High School has a multicultural club. More well known, however, is the Multicultural Show that happens spring of every year at Blaine High school which usually includes multiple singers, dance groups, poets and a fashion show representing many countries. The multicultural club, however, is much more than just their show!

The Multicultural Club has bi-monthly meetings to discuss important topics like discrimination, identity, and current events. They also include activities during discussions which serve as an interactive element between members. Some club activities they have are  “Blaine talks”, food days, volunteering and field trips!

“Blaine talks” is where members can present or share a story with the group about them or something they feel is important. “Blaine talks” is based on TED talks. Some topics people have talked about include: how it is like being from a war-torn country, feminism, and masculinity in society. Everyone is welcome to participate any time they would like as long as you sign up.

Food days are where the club will cook a dish of their choosing in the FOODs room and work together to create the dish and then eat! It allows for you to learn more about the country the dish is from and interact with other club members!

Multicultural Club members give back to the community by volunteering at elementary school multicultural shows and by going into some social studies classes to teach and share their story with other students.

Multicultural Club also usually has an annual field trip to a place related to the club.

Now you know what this club does but what does it stand for? And what is it’s purpose?

Multicultural club stands for “equality, justice, and representation for all!” – Multicultural Club leaders

The purpose of the club is to have meaningful conversations and to provide a safe space for students to share experiences and talk openly.

Multicultural leaders also stress the fact that anyone can join and at any time of the year! Many people feel they cannot join because they do not have a close connection to the country they are from but that does not mean you wouldn’t be a great fit for the club!

Sadhika Prabhu, one of the multicultural student leaders, says “I think one of the most important things to me about Multicultural Club is how anyone and everyone can join because it’s not about ethnicity it’s about culture. Culture is defined as the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social groups. For me, that means being a first generation Indian but also a girl in the CEMS program or a Minnesotan who loves snow. For others, it comes from their sport or club”.

Culture is what makes you, you! Stephanie Nguyen, also a Multicultural student leader, states that “Everyone is diverse and has their own culture and background”.

So if any part of this club sounded interesting to you, come to one of the meetings! The dates are listed on Ms. Pohl’s door in the guidance office.