Jumping For Joy

Emily Adofo, Editor

Track and field is often a sport that is underrated due to its many events and many participants. We are fortunate enough at Blaine High School to have some of the best track and field participants. Here at Blaine High School we have top high jumper Kyla Aamodt.

Kyla has been on varsity and a participant in track and field since her freshman year, and has always exceeded any task that she has faced. Last year in track she was faced with the difficulty of beating her current height 4ft. 9in. This year she has finally beat her personal height and hit her mark at 5ft. “Beating my personal record, and exceeding my goals for myself is a huge accomplishment for me. I can already tell this is going to be a great season”. Many people choose not to go out and support our participants because track meets can get long – however Kyla recommends that “if you aren’t doing anything or busy pick an event and come out and support that event. That way you don’t have to stay for the whole meet”.

Another thing Kyla recommends is staying involved. Even if you have never participated in track and field before there are coaches that will help you and support you as you learn. “Track is a great way to meet new people, and make new friends. I recommend coming out next year even if you are a senior just looking to try something new, or a freshman who has never tried it before”. Track is a fun way to stay involved, and keep yourself active.