The New School Year of 2015-16

The New School Year of 2015-16

Emily Adofo, Sub-Editor

As the new school year of 2015-2016 begins, and the old one of 2014-2015 fades into the abyss of time – we come back often times dreading the long year ahead of us. For many of us the new school year means new responsibilities, new classes, new friends, a new type of stress, or a feeling of always having to “catch up”.  What expectations did you set for yourself?

One thing that I think people need to learn is that your attitude does matter. You are the only one that can make this year memorable, and you are the only one that can make this year dreadful. Why not just make this year memorable? It seems better than making it dreadful. One thing that you can do to make this year memorable is going out and experiencing new things, and meeting new people. Go to the football games on friday nights, and cheer on the boys of the fall. Go to the swim meets, and go to the volleyball games and cheer on the girls of the fall. Cheer as loud as you can, and experience the greatness of different groups of people separated at Blaine come together as a whole to support and cheer on their teams. That to me is one of the most  memorable things – the coming together of the whole student body to support our athletes and different clubs. Another thing you can do to make this year memorable is meet new people, and join clubs, sports, or activities and get involved in the community at Blaine High School. Do things outside of your element, step out of your comfort zone and live a little. As they say you’re only young once.

In the future when you’re looking back at this year – look back and remember all of the football games or hockey games or any other sporting event where you lost your voice because you were cheering so loud, look back at all of the activities or clubs you joined where you met new friends and experienced new things, but most importantly look at how much you have gained from this year.

It’s the start of a brand new school year, and it’s up to us to make it a great one.