Valiant Effort By Blaine in State Quarter Finals

Jason Checinski, Staff

The Crowd is full of band members, students, and parents as Andover and Minnetonka leave the Rink and Blaine and Lakeville South Enter. Its a great atmosphere at the Exel Energy Center as the band begins to play and the spectators pick up snack before the game. As you compare Blaines and Lakeville Souths Records we can see that today is going to be a very close and very entertaining game. The 1st period gets underway. Three minutes blaine’s #28 makes a great save in a attempt to keep Lakeville from getting a early lead. Which is quickly over turned by lakevilles # 7 Morgan Morse who scores two goals 1 minute apart setting Lakeville up by 2 with still 10 minutes left in the 1st period. Blaine sruggles as it tried to equalize the score #10 Alisa Wolens makes a nice shot on goal and #5 Emily Brown Makes a nice Save With little under 3 minutes left in the 1st period. Blaine begins to look up as #14 Amanda Boisjolie get a penality for checking. Blaine’s #20 Courtney Moser makes a nice shot on goal during the power play but the clock runs down and the 1st period Comes to a close lakeville is up by 2. The 2ed period gets off to a good start as blaine keeps nice possession in a attempt to score but lakeville’s #7 Morgan Morse scores on a break away withe 12 minutes left in the 2ed period. Blaine’s #16 Sam Auman picks up a penalty for interference 7 minutes in and #14 Paige Beebe later makes a nice shot on goal during the power play about a minute later. Lakeville’s #15 Janna Haeg Also picks up a penalty leaving both teams with a team of 5. Blaines #5 Emily Brown Makes a quick snap shot on the power play but is yet again shot down by lakeville’s stong defense. As blaine’s #21 Ashley Osbeck picks up a penalty it opens blaine up for what could be the shut out goal It is saved and the clock winds down to let the Bengals return to full strength. As the 2ed period is winding down Lakeville’s # 15 Janna Haeg gets a penalty for interference ans the bengals are going to get a shot to put some point on the board. With seconds left on the clock Blaine’s #21 Ashley Osbeck Scores a amazing goal putting blaine on the board as the buzzard sounds blaine is still down by 2 as the 2ed period comes to a close. The 3rd period begains with a very quick break away by #14 Paige Beebe with a close shot on goal within the first 30 seconds. With that start it shows that blaine is still in this its not time to go home yet because blaine isn’t giving up. There are two exultant saves by blaines #16 Sam Auman and Blaine’s #28 Makayla Tilton. The game wraps up when the final buzzard sounds the score 3 – 1 Minnetonka. Blaine played a great game today and make some enormous strides to try and make up for those early goals in the game. The game may have ended in loss but the season was not a loss the Blaine Bengals accomplished allot and made our school proud to be Bengals!