Attention All Juniors!!

Emily Adofo, Editor

Attention all Juniors!! As the school year comes to a close there are many changes that will be in effect for the 2017 graduating class that you all may need to be aware of. As college plans are nearing we all have significant decisions to make about what type of college we want to attend, where we want to go, what we want to do with the rest of our lives, and if college is even a possibility. There are many resources here at Blaine High School to assist you in planning out your future.

One of the first major changes is the deadline for college applications. A lot of the University’s have moved up their deadlines so that early decision admission applications are now open from July through November instead of being open from August to December. This now means that decisions need to be made about where you are going to attend school a lot sooner. The benefit of this deadline moving up is a chance at more financial aid packages and decisions being offered and made. The deadline for applications being due also aids in helping make your decision to where you want to attend school a lot easier. Being accepted into a college earlier in advance can help you plan out any financial aid or other planning that you may need to attend college. Make sure to also check out any testing dates for the summer and fall ACT/SAT tests, because of this deadline moving up you may have to take these tests earlier than expected – or adjust your plans accordingly.

There are many resources here at Blaine to help you throughout the college process. Juniors, if you have any questions about the process, or why the deadline has moved up talk to your guidance counselor, or the staff in the career center. The staff here at Blaine High School are here for you, and your assistance – the longer you wait to discuss your college plans the further you are behind in planning out your future.