Blaine High School Teams to Advance to State Competition

Mackenzie Meyers, Blueprint Staff

On Saturday March 5, 2016 Blaine High School hosted the annual regional Destination Imagination Tournament. Destination Imagination (DI) is a volunteer-led, educational non-profit organization that teaches 21st century skills and STEM principles to kindergarten through university level students through creative and collaborative problem solving challenges. Teams from all over the North Metro competed in central and instant challenges trying to earn a spot at the state competition. Three Blaine High School teams will be representing our school this year at the annual state competition on April 9th. “One, Two, Three… Action!” took first place in the Fine Arts challenge, “The DIYs” who took third in the Fine Arts challenge, and “Mischievous Martians” took first place in the Structural Challenge.

Quotes from Destination Imagination participants-
Lindsey Anderson from “One, Two, Three… Action!”- “DI is many things, but above all it is about being creative and working as a team.”
Mikayla Ryan from “Mischievous Martians”- “DI has been a huge part of my life since fifth grade. It has led me to many great experiences. Your teammates and you developed close relationships and you have a lot of fun!”
Mackenzie Allen from “Mischievous Martians”- “DI is a great program because it introduces kids to the idea of creativity and thinking outside of the box. At regions it is really fun to see all of the elementary students and new kids to the program get excited about the experience.”

Your support of the Blaine High School Destination Imagination teams is welcome at the state tournament on April 9, 2016 on the Jackson Middle School campus.