Bengals… Bengals… What’s Your Cry? VICTORY!!

Bengals... Bengals... Whats Your Cry? VICTORY!!

Emily Adofo, Editor

Friday nights game was another one to remember. Our boys played the Coon Rapids Cardinals, and dominated the field. For many years Coon Rapids and Blaine have gone head to head in a constant rivalry over who has the best team, and who has the best student section, and so on. On friday night, Blaine proved themselves to be top dog. Not only did the Bengals get another win for the season; however it was also a time for the BHS community to honor its teachers and other staff for how much they do for their students, and to applaud them for all of their hard work.

Bengal fans were out in the parking lot as early as 5:00pm for tailgating, and some other fun events that were taking place around the school. Before we all knew it Bengal fans were packing the stands, and ready to take on the Cardinals. The BHS student section was filled with excitement, muse, and eagerness to crush the Cardinals. It was nearing game time, and both teams seemed eager to take the field. The national anthem was sung, and the game had started. As expected, the Bengals scored their first touchdown within the first .40 seconds of the game. Many people in the student section were betting on what the final score would be. Some people said that the our Blaine Bengals would give them a touchdown or two just to be nice, and others said that it may be closer than expected. Within the next few minutes of the game, the Bengals scored touchdown after touchdown, making it look easy. By the end of the second quarter the Bengals were leading the Cardinals by a lot.

They boys took the field yet again, only to continue scoring. The Bengals had let up a few touchdowns, but not enough for the Cardinals to take the game. As the end of the game neared the Blaine student section chanted for the Cardinals to load the busses, because the game was ultimately over. The Bengals ended that night with a score of 45-28. Another win for the Bengals. The next game is against Centennial at the Centennial football game, come on out and support your boys of the fall!