BHS Blueprint

• BLUEPRINT HITS 3 MILLION VIEWS!!!!!

• Blueprint meetings are Wednesdays, in room 148 after school from 2:30 to 3:00.

BHS Student Resources: Career Center

Elizabeth Gunder, Blueprint Staff

Of the resources Blaine provides for its students, perhaps one of the most over arching is the Career Center. The Career Center can help students with a number of things. It focuses mainly on college preparedness and test preparation. However, the career center helps students formulate their post secondary plans, whether it be college, the military, or something completely different.

The Career Center is located in the IMC and is run entirely by Mrs. Nibbe. Mrs. Nibbe says students can drop by anytime during the day. If for some reason Mrs. Nibbe is not there, or if she is busy with other students, you can leave your name on the clipboard hanging on her door and get a pass to come visit her at another time. Mrs. Nibbe typically sees a couple students during class periods, but she believes she reaches the most students by going to classrooms.

Mrs. Nibbe suggests students keep their post secondary plans on track by following a certain schedule. Freshmen are encouraged to take the “About Me” quiz in Naviance to get to know themselves and find some things they may be interested in. Sophomores are supposed to take the next step by applying their interests. They’re encouraged to research careers they may be good for based on their interests. Juniors are encouraged to look into colleges once they have an idea about what field of work they would like to go into. Juniors also need to prepare for the ACT; a great resource for ACT preparation is Naviance Test Prep. Seniors are then supposed to apply to these colleges or take action so that they may begin their plans for the future after graduation.

To put it simply, the Career Center can help students in a variety of ways. They help students with both college and ACT preparation; they even post job listings from local businesses. The Career Center has something for everybody, so everyone should stop by and check it out.