The Clown Epidemic: What Is Really Going On In Blaine?

Joel Freecheck, Editor-in-Chief

Reports of creepy clown sightings and possible attacks have been circulating nationwide, and it’s freaking everyone out. So much so that if this clown epidemic continues to Halloween, some cities are debating on whether or not it’d be safe for children to go trick or treating.

October 4th, the day of this posting, many students at Blaine High School are going crazy over a rumor that Roosevelt Middle School just down the street from BHS is in full lockdown because a hostile clown walked through the front doors. Some say he had a weapon, others say there is more than one, but regardless, they all come to one conclusion, clowns are taking over Blaine.

One look at Twitter confirms the school’s fear, and BHS’s administration has taken note as well. This article is to dispel any false rumors that Roosevelt is in danger and BHS is next. The school administration sent this memo out to staff today:

Pullquote Photo

Student expressed clown concern. Officer Nanney has confirmed that Roosevelt is not on lockdown and there are no reports of clowns in the area. It appears that this concern resulted from a social media hype. If students mention it, please share the information above.

— Blaine High School Administration

“Student expressed clown concern. Officer Nanney has confirmed that Roosevelt is not on lockdown and there are no reports of clowns in the area. It appears that this concern resulted from a social media hype. If students mention it, please share the information above.” – Blaine High School Administration

So rest easy folks, Blaine hasn’t caught the clown epidemic yet, but many states have, so hope and pray our city is immune.