What Will Your Senior Quote Be?

Jeffrey Goodwin posing for a senior yearbook photo

Nicolas Falgetelli, Temporary Staff

When you as a BHS student graduates,what will be your senior quote be?  What will you look back to as the final words printed on a yearbook for your “Sayonara” to BHS. To look at examples of what other high schooler’s put on the web may help with the decision of what yours will be. There are all kinds of different photos on the web, but one shows you can even include emojis in the quote, there are even groups of people that make a story out of each other’s quotes and others that do a play on words, overall there are many possibilities but not many people really know what they are going to put. After asking Victor, a junior at BHS answers to the question of his senior quote saying “I don’t really know what I’ll put, I guess I have a year to think about it”.

Many students have possibly not even had a thought about what they will put in as a quote (except for seniors) which questions of whether there are rules to putting quotes and what type of quote you can put. According to Orange county arts, senior quotes have regulations too, the rules state  “Your senior quote. It must be 200 characters or less and must be appropriate. If you’re using a famous quotation, please cite the speaker. *If your quote is not approved, it will not be included in the yearbook.” So according to orange county arts, not approved quote equals a not included quote and the quote can even be up to 200 characters (which is pretty long) but must not be inappropriate which shows that it may take a while to choose one.

With seeing on how people look back at their quotes Mr.Nick, a teacher in the science department and a track coach says “I actually have no idea, I don’t even remember mine!” It looks like some people look back on the past, and some don’t. With having asked Jeffrey Goodwin, a freshman at BHS seems to have a strong outlook on the idea of putting quotes “I think that senior quotes are important because you can look back at them anytime when your older” says Jeff, but not everybody has the same way of looking at yearbook quotes “It’s really not important” says Elijah Schmidt, a junior at BHS “I mean the past is the past, the future is today”.

With two different outlooks on the topic it may be hard to differ whether or not yearbook quotes are to be given much thought, there may not even be many people that look back to their yearbook quotes. Either way those quotes are always going to be something to look back upon, there are many possibilities for quotes but whether or not you even look back on it, you’ll at least know you picked one that you wanted.

here is a link to BuzzFeed, a social news and entertainment company that has a survey/test to help choose what you could put as a quote according to your personality

(it’s at the link below)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/libbyglenn/what-should-your-senior-yearbook-quote-be-1hhwh#.ukpEw 5rW